Vaping devices have experienced different stages of growth since their inception, which has brought about different designs, types, and categories of vaping devices. This article contains all you need to know about the growth stages of vaping devices, from their types to the categories available..
Types of Vaping Devices
There are mainly two types of vaping devices, and they are:
- The Permanent Vaping Device: As the name implies, this vaping device is long-lasting and can be used repeatedly until the device starts to experience a decline. This device features a rechargeable battery and a removable and reusable cartridge.
- The Disposable Vaping Device: Unlike the permanent vaping device, this vaping device serves its user for short periods. The device cannot be used repeatedly for long because of its battery, but the battery life depends on the number of puffs the device offers. For instance, the 1900 puffs disposable vape deviceoffers a battery life that can give 1900 puffs. The device features a non-rechargeable battery and a fixed cartridge.
Top Vaping Device Categories
Vaping devices are classified based on the generation in which they were produced. The classes of vaping devices are:
- First-generation vaping device: This is the first class of vaping devices that existed. The idea behind this generation was to mimic the smoking experience for a smooth transition from smoking to vaping. A common example of this generation of vaping devices is the electronic cigarette.
Features of the First Generation Vaping Devices
- Offers a battery with the capacity of 16-20 watts.
- A cartomizer: This is a combination of the atomizer and cartridge. The atomizer heats the liquid or oil into vapor, while the cartridge stores the liquid or oil.
- This generation uses a draw activation mechanism and not a power button.
- Slim and smaller appearance with a tighter draw.
- Produced less vapor and has an LED light to mimic a real cigarette.
- Second Generation Vaping Device: This followed after the first. The idea of this generation followed the need for larger battery power and increased vapor production. This class is relatively larger than the first generation. An example of this class is the Vape pen.
Features Of The Second Generation Vaping Device
- Power Button or Firing Button: This is used to turn the vaping device.
- Battery: This supplies the power.
- Microchip: A safety feature that automatically shuts off the device when inactive.
- Battery indicator: indicates the power level of the battery.
- Atomizer: heats the liquid contained in the cartridge
- Third-generation vaping device: This class resulted from the quest for more firepower and vaping clouds. The technology present in this generation is used presently in all the various designs of vaping devices available. An example of this generation is the Vaping Mod.
Features Of Third-generation Vaping Device
- Modified microchip
- Battery and an indicator
- Power button or Draw activation
The classes contained in this article are the main categories of vaping devices, and all the classes are still in existence and used to meet the various demands and experiences of users.